Terms & Conditions
- You may access most areas of the Website without registering your details with us. Certain areas of the Website are only open to you if you register.
- The Company may revise these Terms and Conditions at any time by updating this posting.
Who we are and how to contact us
3. https://www.careershub.williamgrant.com/ is a Website operated by William Grant & Sons Limited (referred to herein as the "Company", "we", "us" or "our"). We are registered in Scotland under company number SC131772 and have our registered office at The Glenfiddich Distillery, Dufftown, Keith, Scotland, AB55 4DH.
4. To contact us, please email email@example.com.
By using our Website you accept these terms
5. By using our Website, you confirm that you accept the terms of this policy and that you agree to comply with them. If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use our Website. We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
There are other terms that may apply to you
We may make changes to our Website
7. We may update and change our Website from time to time to reflect changes to our products, our users' needs and our business priorities.
Terms and Conditions
How you may use the material on our Website
8. Unless otherwise stated, the copyright and other intellectual property rights in all material on the Website (including without limitation trade marks, designs, logos, text, images, audio and video materials and bottle designs) are owned or licenced by the Company.
9. Material from this Website may not be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, distributed, commercially exploited or adapted in any way without the prior written consent of the Company.
10. You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
11. Without limitation, the trademarks and all related logos, labels, bottle designs and all other intellectual property associated with all William Grant & Sons brands are owned by the Company.
12. You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our Website for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our site.
13. Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our Website must always be acknowledged.
15. Any rights not expressly granted in these Terms and Conditions are reserved.
16. Our Website is made available free of charge. The Company shall not be liable if for any reason the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period and cannot guarantee that it will be uninterrupted. Access to the Website may be suspended temporarily or permanently without notice for business and operational reasons. However, we will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
18. Without prejudice to Clause 16, the Company reserves the right to suspend, terminate or restrict access to the Website if these Terms and Conditions are breached.
We may transfer this agreement to someone else
19. We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation. We will always tell you in writing if this happens and we will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under the contract.
You must keep account details safe
20. You shall keep any passwords and usernames allocated to you confidential. You must not disclose this information to any third party. The Company reserves the right to suspend or terminate the username and password if the Company suspects non-compliance by you with these Terms and Conditions.
21. If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your used identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Uploading content to our Website
23. You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. This means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
24. We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our Website constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
26. You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content.
27. We do not store terrorist content.
Links to Other Websites
29. Links to third party websites on the Website are provided solely for your convenience. If you use these links, you leave the Website. The Company has not reviewed all of these third party websites and does not control and is not responsible for these websites or their content or availability. The Company therefore does not endorse or make any representations about them, or any material found there, or any results that may be obtained from using them. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to the Website, you do so entirely at your own risk.
Restriction on Liability
30. While the Company endeavours to ensure that the information on the Website is correct, the Company does not warrant the accuracy and completeness of the material on the Website. The Company may make changes to the material on the Website, or to the products and prices described in it, at any time without notice. The material on the Website may be out of date, and the Company makes no commitment to update such material. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Company provides you with the Website on the basis that the Company excludes all representations, warranties, conditions and other terms (including, without limitation, the conditions implied by law)
31. Subject to Clause 32, the Company, any other party (whether or not involved in creating, producing, maintaining or delivering the Website), and any of the Company’s group companies and the officers, directors, employees, shareholders or agents of any of them, exclude all liability and responsibility for any amount or kind of loss or damage that may result to you or a third party (including without limitation, any direct, indirect, punitive or consequential loss or damages, or any loss of income, profits, goodwill, data, contracts, use of money, or loss or damages arising from or connected in any way to business interruption, and whether in tort (including without limitation negligence), contract or otherwise) in connection with the Website in any way or in connection with the use, inability to use or the results of use of the Website, any websites linked to the Website or the material on such websites, including but not limited to loss or damage due to viruses that may infect your computer equipment, software, data or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing the Website or your downloading of any material from the Website or any websites linked to the Website.
32. in these Terms and Conditions shall limit the Company’s liability for: a. death or personal injury caused by the negligence of the Company, its directors, agents, officers or representatives; b. fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited by law.
33. Please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
34. If defective digital content that we have supplied, damages a device or digital content belonging to you and this is caused by our failure to use reasonable care and skill, we will either repair the damage or pay you compensation. However, we will not be liable for damage that you could have avoided by following our advice to apply an update offered to you free of charge or for damage that was caused by you failing to correctly follow installation instructions or to have in place the minimum system requirements advised by us
35. We do not guarantee that our Website will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
36. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our Website. You should use your own virus protection software.
37. You must not misuse our Website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Website, the server on which our Website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Website. You must not attack our Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Website will cease immediately.
How we may use your personal information
38. We will only use your personal information as set out in our Candidate Privacy Notice.
39. You may use the Website only for lawful purposes. You may not use the Website:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent or has any unlawful or fraudulent effect;
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any form of spam;
- to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
40. You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our Website in contravention of the provisions of our terms of Website use.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt any part of our Website;
- any equipment or network on which our Website is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our Website; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
41. We may from time to time provide interactive services on our Website, including, without limitation:
- Chat rooms.
- Bulletin boards.
42. Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
43. We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our Website, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our Website, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
44. Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
45. These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our Website ("Contribution"), and to any interactive services associated with it.
46. The Content Standards must be complied with in spirit as well as to the letter. The standards apply to each part of any Contribution as well as to its whole.
47. William Grant & Sons will determine, in its discretion, whether a Contribution breaches the Content Standards.
48. A Contribution must:
Be accurate (where it states facts).
- Be genuinely held (where it states opinions).
- Comply with the law applicable in Scotland and in any country from which it is posted.
49. A Contribution must not:
- Be defamatory of any person.
- Be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Include child sexual abuse material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be in contempt of court.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another's privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that the Contribution emanates from William Grant & Sons Limited, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote, incite any party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
- Contain a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the public to whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism.
- Contain any advertising or promote any services or web links to other sites.
- Breach of these terms.
51. Failure to comply with these terms, upon which you are permitted to use our Website, may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our Website.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any Contribution uploaded by you to our Website.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law.
52. We exclude our liability for all action we may take in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The actions we may take are not limited to those described above, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction